Monday, January 9, 2012

My First Bloggy Awards

How fun is this!  I was awarded both the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Blog Award by Linda at Partycraft Secrets.  She wrote how she likes where my blog is headed, and likes the name.  Linda has great craft ideas on her blog, and many of them are quick ones that can be done in 15 minutes or less  She also has a line of party themes.  I have to say, I am both honored and very excited to be recognized by another blogger, so thank you so much Linda!

Here are my new award badges:


And


Part of accepting these awards means that I have thanked Linda for awarding me, and will pass the awards to other blogs that I enjoy (15 for The Versatile Blogger, 5 for The Liebster Blog).  The Versatile Blog award also asks that I post 7 things about myself, and The Liebster Blog Award that I pass the award to blogs with less than 200 followers.

I am not certain where The Liebster Blog Award's origins are from, but The Versatile Blogger, has its own blog and blogroll for those who have been awarded with it.  You can check out The Versatile Blogger HERE.

Blogs I awarded The Versatile Blogger Award to:
1. My Sparkle- first inspired me to start crafting and want a sewing machine, inspired me to blog more.
2. Southern Lovely- One of the first linky parties I tried out, and she has great DIY projects.
3. Keeping it Simple- The very first linky party I ever did, and they featured me!  GREAT crafts on here!!
4. Adventures in Dinner- I love her take on recipes... not too hard to follow either!
5.

Blogs I awarded the Liebster Blog Award to:


I will update this post as I award these to other bloggers... but don't want to just give them out to the first 15 blogs I read, especially since many of them are huge blogs and have been nominated a million times.  Also, even though I am happy to have received this award, it feels a little bit like a chain letter :)

As for 7 things about myself... here goes!  Showing my true colors :)
1.  I use a lot of glasses and silverware throughout the day... it drives my husband crazy, but once they are in the sink or in the dishwasher, I feel they have been contaminated and won't reuse them.
2.  I am the oldest of 5 children.  I have a sister, Claire, who (sometimes) writes up her meal plans on The Rookie Cook blog.  She is also married and is expecting her third little boy in April.  She is an awesome mom.  I also have 3 brothers... all of whom are wicked smart... Matthew who recently finished his masters in Economics, George who will be entering medical school in the fall, and Luke who is a Junior in High School and just got straight A's this past semester. (I am a proud big sister)
3. When I was in preschool I used to pretend I was a T-Rex when I had to go down the dark hallway to my room.  It scared the monsters away... and may have also had a song it sung.
4.  I hate being in the house at night by myself.  I have to turn all the lights on.
5. Sometimes I scream on my sleep, but when it finally comes out it is more like "eh, ehhh" but in my dream it is an open mouth, at the top of my lungs scream.
6. I hate sleeping with a top sheet or socks, because my legs get all jumbled, and I don't like when my feet are hot.
7.  I love love LOVE to read!!  If you love to read too, you should go on Goodreads and share your books with me.


Anyway... that is it for today... I am working on a couple of sewing crafts (which take me forever because I am so new to sewing), and meet with the dietitian on Wednesday to start my 6 week challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...thanks so much! Very glad that you enjoy my recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete